Carrot-spice cake with pineapple, pecans, cinnamon, and ginger.
Author: David Squire
Recipe type: dessert, cake
- 2 C flour
- 2 t cinnamon
- 2 t baking soda
- ½ t ground ginger
- ½ t salt
- 3 eggs
- 1½ C sugar
- ¾ C mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)
- 2 C grated carrots
- ¾ C pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Spray non-stick spray in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, ginger, and salt in a large bowl. Combine eggs, sugar, mayo, and pineapple in another bowl, then combine with the dry mixture. Stir in the carrots and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The edges of the cake will be dark golden-brown and a knife blade or toothpick inserted near the center should come out clean.
- Allow to cool before frosting with cream cheese frosting. (Beat together two 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened, 3 cups of powdered sugar, 1 t vanilla.)