Chocolate Miracle Whip Cake
Super decadent, fudgy, moist, dark chocolate cake.
Author: David Squire
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup miracle whip
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- dash salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- for frosting
- 10oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
- 6oz (half a bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Combine all cake ingredients and beat until smooth. It may take a bit more water if the batter is too stiff.
- Pour into one 9x13 pan or two layer pans that have been non-stick sprayed.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, but do not overbake.
- For frosting, heat cream to boiling and pour over chocolate chips. Stir, patiently, until chocolate is completely melted. Allow to cool, stirring occasionally, until it's the right consistency for spreading. The cooling process may take an hour or more.