Creamy Mac and Cheese
Super simple creamy macaroni and cheese. Not "gourmet" by any means, but way better than a lot of the pasty, nasty stuff out there.
Author: David Squire
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb dry pasta (rotini, penne, farfalle, or elbow macaroni)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 can condensed cream of cheddar soup
- 1 lb shredded cheese (cheddar or monterey jack)
- 1 pint half and half
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Melt the butter and warm the half and half while the pasta is cooking. (This step isn't necessary, but helps the cheese to melt faster and keeps the pasta from losing heat.)
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and add all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Return to low heat and stir until cheese is melted.