Creamy Tomato Soup
Creamy, extra-tasty, easy-to-make tomato soup. I first encountered this soup at the Christmas Fair at Northview Church of the Brethren. I've found it online called "Beach Bar Tomato Soup."
Author: David Squire
Recipe type: soup
- 1 stick butter
- 2 med onion, diced
- 3 T garlic
- 2 8-oz cream cheese
- 5 large cans of Campbell's tomato soup
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 qt half and half
- ½ to 1 T dried basil
- ½ T dried thyme
- 1 t ground black pepper
- Saute onions and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add cream cheese and stir as it melts.
- Add condensed soup, half and half, tomatoes, and spices.
- Simmer until thoroughly hot, stirring as needed.