Pressure Cooker Refried Beans
Author: David Squire
Recipe type: side dish, vegetarian
- amount (double)
- 1 lb (2 lbs) dried pinto beans, washed
- 1 medium (1 large) onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 T (1/4 C) chopped garlic
- ¼ C (1/2 C) olive oil
- 1 t (2 t) oregano
- 2 t (4 t) salt
- 5 C (10 C) water
- Combine all ingredients in a pressure cooker.
- Cook on high pressure for 50 minutes; natural release.
- Remove excess water, but set it aside if you need to add some back during blending. Blend with immersion blender until smooth.