Roasted Ratatouille with Tuna and Capers
Found this recipe in Parade Magazine.
Recipe type: casserole / one-dish meal
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium-to-large zucchini
- ½ medium eggplant
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 red potatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, or enough to coat liberally
- 2+ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 6-ounce cans tuna packed in water, undrained
- ¼ cup drained capers
- Oven to 425.
- Cut the vegetables into large bite-sized chunks. You'll have about 8 heaping cups.
- Toss all vegetables with oil, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn onto a 12-by-18-inch heavy rimmed cookie sheet (or roasting pan) sprayed with vegetable cooking spray. Set pan in oven.
- Roast, stirring after 20 minutes, until vegetables are caramel brown, about 45 minutes total.
- Stir in tuna and capers; cook until heated through, 5 minutes longer.
The original recipe said that the total cooking time should be 25 minutes, but that wasn't nearly long enough. It's very forgiving -- you don't have to be precise with the amounts of vegetables.
Serving size: ⅙ of recipe Calories: 250 Fat: 10 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Sodium: 470 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 25 g Cholesterol: 26 mg